Storm Mountain Ranch - Our Community
Storm Mountain Ranch is less than 10 minutes from the base of the ski mountain and the center of town. The geographic proximity to town and the ski mountain helps us feel connected and a part of the greater community of Steamboat Springs. Yet, once we pass through our main gate at SMR, it is as if a curtain quietly falls as we enter our natural sanctuary away from the hectic pace of this world. The ranch, our valley, and our canyon are where we recharge our batteries and reconnect with nature and each other.
At SMR we are proud of our small community and have developed and documented our vision as follows:
SMR Vision Statement
The SMR Homeowners are committed to sustaining an un-crowded, peaceful, spiritual, and pristine environment. In an effort to preserve these qualities at the ranch for future generations of owners, the use of the ranch facilities and land is solely dedicated for the enjoyment of the Owners' family and friends.
This vision of SMR is accomplished through the following Values:
- Homeowners taking pride in using the common facilities and guest cabins as extensions of their own homes.
- Pursuing a casual lifestyle through family retreats and interactions with neighbors in the ranch community.
- Enjoying safe adventures such as fishing, hiking, horseback riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing and observing wildlife on the property, and the many recreational opportunities in the adjacent National Forest.
- Honoring nature as a learning environment while maintaining a high quality agricultural program.
- Acting as good stewards of the ranch and the greater Steamboat Springs community.
- Observing, in both spirit and word, all ranch rules and regulations.